Rumor Roundup (Dec. 15, 2017): Clash of Champions plans, Hulk Hogan return, Kenny Omega, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There may not be a single title change at Clash of Champions, though if one does change hands it’s likely to be the U.S. title.
- There’s more talk, this time courtesy of Jim Ross, that Hulk Hogan will be back in WWE by the end of 2018.
- It’s believed, per the Observer, that New Japan gave Kenny Omega the okay to do a blade job during the angle with Chris Jericho attacking him in-ring.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi is dealing with a knee injury but he’ll apparently be ready for the Tokyo Dome show next month.
- The Observer notes Ring of Honor is supposed to have a major announcement regarding women’s wrestling coming up soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.