- Dina Shihabi’s father Ali Shihabi took to Twitter to express his ‘disappointment’ in his daughter after watching the pilot for Jack Ryan on August 31
- ‘This is not how she was brought up and does not reflect our values. Clearly the pressures of Hollywood got the better of her as a new actor,’ he added in a tweet
- The Saudi Arabian-born actress, 28, who plays Hanin, appeared in a sex scene with actor Ali Suliman, who plays her Islamic husband, Mousa Bin Suleiman
- The steamy scene briefly shows her naked backside – but no other nudity
- Mr Shihabi, who has deleted the tweet, had previously tweeted a positive review of his daughter’s performance days earlier
- Tune into DailyMailTV’s second season with host Jesse Palmer. Go to www.dailymail.tv to check your local listings
Ali Shihabi, director of the Arabia Foundation, tweeted: ‘As a father I am deeply disappointed with a scene with my daughter @dinashihabi in @jackryanamazon which just premiered. This is not how she was brought up and does not reflect our values. Clearly the pressures of Hollywood got the better of her as a new actor.’
The Saudi actress, 28, plays Hanin, the wife of a terror boss in the new TV show, based on the bestselling books by Tom Clancy.
Racy: Dina Shihabi, plays Hanin, the wife of a terror boss in Amazon’s new series, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. She appeared in a sex scene in the first episode of the show which premiered on August 31
Her father, Ali Shihabi, who is the head of the Arabia Foundation, shamed his daughter over the racy scene in a tweet on Saturday night. It has since been deleted
The new Amazon series (still from scene pictured) is arguably Shihabi’s first major television role after graduating from NYU Tisch program in 2014
The pilot, which premiered August 31, features a sex scene between the actress and Ali Suliman, who plays her Islamic husband, Mousa Bin Suleiman. Her butt is briefly visible in the steamy scene, but there is no other nudity.
Mr Shihabi, who was educated at Princeton and the Harvard Business School before founding an investment bank, took offense to the scene and decided to tweet his disapproval on Saturday night. But as of Monday the tweet had been deleted.
Just five days earlier he had tweeted a positive review of his daughter’s performance from a Daily Beast review that was otherwise unimpressed by the new Amazon series.
He highlighted the quote: ‘Dina Shihabi is a force in the role, and her struggle for survival and safety finally brings the emotional gravitas that, for all the bloodshed we see up until that point, had been missing.’
Shihabi and onscreen husband Mousa Bin Suleiman, played by Ali Suliman, are seen in a steamy shot. Her father later shamed her for her performance stating, ‘This is not how she was brought up and does not reflect our values’
The steamy sex scene briefly showed the actress’s nude backside, but contained no nudity otherwise
Dina was born in Saudi Arabia and raised in the United Arab Emirates, but moved to the US in 2007.
She attended NYU Tisch School for the Arts in New York, and has been accepted to Julliard.
Representatives of Dina and her father did not respond to requests for comment.
A spokesperson for the Arabia Foundation, of which Mr Shihabi is a director, also declined to comment, simply saying: ‘This matter doesn’t fall under the scope of our work.’
Source : dailymail[amazon_link asins=’B074S53CM1,B07GRV2R8M,B01MRRZ8UI,B0778ZRWJN,B0779425JM,B019S3GZI0,B0778ZRWZX’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’safii-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’44a2e861-0dfb-11e9-9b1c-350523c2f2a0′]